Monday, 22 June 2015

How to care for your nails

I am receiving a lot of questions similar to 'How I can manage to have such healthy, strong, long nails'.
I must say, that it is a long process because the condition of our nails are reflecting the condition of our body.
First and the most important is my daily diet. I am keeping an eye on what I am eating (a lot of various vegetables, fruits, seeds, etc) and I am careful to eat food full of vitamins and minerals
-calcium (lack of it is making nails breakable, thin and weak)
-iron/ magnesium/ zinc/ silicon (lack of them is making nails brittle, with tendency to break).
I also really care about my hand and nail daily routine.
1. Essence cuticle cream- I was using a lot of different cuticle care products but I found this one very good for my nails. This is a soft cream which after applying is melting directly to my cuticles and keeping them fully hydrated. I use it once per day and my cuticles are always soft and manageable to push them back.
2. Cuticle oils- my favourites for now are cuticle oil from Salon Services and from MakeUp Gallery (just £1). Both of them condition my cuticles very well, make them soft and healthy. I am applying this oil daily.


3. Hand cream/ lotion/ oil- for a beautiful look it is not just nails. I am using a lot of different hand creams/ baby oils/ lotions to keep my hands and whole nails fully hydrated, protected from dirt, coldness, sun , etc




4. Glass/ paper files/ wooden stick- I am trying to use only good products and avoid using metal files at all.



ADVICE:  Be patient. It may take a while to see some changes and first results. But this whole process is definitely worth putting all your effort into to have beautiful and healthy looking nails and hands. Because even wearing the most beautiful and glamorous dress when your nails are looking awful and bad you will feel not totally dressed.
I hope my post was a little bit helpful for some of you. If you have got any questions don't hesitate to ask them in the comments or drop me an email: fifefantasinails@gmail.com

45 comments:

  1. Chciałabym powąchać peonię Yardleya :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. pewnie by Cie rozczarowala, gdyz na poczatku pachnie slicznie, ale po jakims czasie tak sobie. Jednak jest to bardzo dobry krem do rak :)

      Delete
  2. Short and clear. :D You wrote it all well. Time and patience are the most important things here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for doing this post hun as I wondered also how you kept such gorgeous nails!
    I need to watch what I eat and make some changes there for my nails ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you have beautiful nail Dawn :)
      thank you for commenting :)

      Delete
  4. Oh that's really very informative post. Thanks for sharing. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your hands and nails always look sooo healthy and good, I guess I have to try some of your advices!
    Great post honey, very interesting!

    Love, Colli
    www.tobeyoutiful.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be happy to read about your results Colli

      Delete
  6. You have beautiful nails!
    good products you use! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mam tylko jedną oliwkę do skórek :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. zaciekawił mnie produkt Yardleya , nie spotkałam sie jeszcze z tą firmą.

    http://kamila-mazur.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brytyjska firma z tradycjami, dawniej produkowala eksluzywne kosmetyki dzis spadla na polke srednia, ot co znaczy rynek konkurencyjny :)

      Delete
  9. Thank you for sharing! Been waiting for this post quite a while :)

    -Leta | The Nerdy Me

    ReplyDelete
  10. I need to take care of my nails;)they are ruined:(xoxo

    http://glampond.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. maybe my post will be helpful a little bit :)

      Delete
  11. you posted this just in time cos my nail's been breaking a lot recently and i was wondering what to do with them! thanks for sharing xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. maybe some from my tips could be helpful for you as well?

      Delete
  12. wow! Love the manis!
    http://fetish-tokyo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. bardzo pdooba mi się ten post.
    Wspólna obserwacja?
    Pinaxi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. great tips:) kiss

    http://denimakeup95.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well written, succinct and to the point. Thanks you for writing this.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Zewnętrzna pielęgnacja jest ważna, ale słusznie zauważyłaś, że potrzebna jest też dobra dieta :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ciesze sie, ze spodobal Ci sie moj wpis :)

      Delete
  17. moja siostra ma tam jakąś oliwkę do skórek, ona tak pięknie pachnie ;) świetny post ;)
    www.honestallthetime.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. yes, that is a long process, but it worth ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Good products. I've got the Make Up Gallery oil and it's really good. I always use hand cream or lotion at night on my hands.

    I'm really lucky to have good nails (and hair). I've been unlucky to suffer from anaemia and low calcium and that didn't seem to effect my nails, thankfully! I sadly suffer from a lot of food allergies and this in turn means I've got issues with iron and B12 recently! Phew I've got to be so careful with what I eat - thank goodness for 'free from' sections! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ananka I do feel for you. I am lucky that I can eat what I want. But on the other hand I don't because Baileys and donuts won't give me good nails!! For iron and B12 I can recommend haggis! Mmmmmm

      Delete
  20. Moje paznokcie nie są w dobrej kondycji, ale i tak jest już lepiej. :) Post w sam raz dla mnie.
    Nie wiedziałam, że Essence ma taki krem!

    ReplyDelete
  21. When I stopped biting my nails, they were in miserable conditions. It took almost one year before I repaired all the damages I had done for 10 years. My "secrets" were olive oil and Sally Hansen Diamond Strenght, and I still use them - ok, to be completely honest, I actually use almond oil, it's a bit less effective on me but olive oil is too greasy!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wonderful post! Looks like a long process but in the long run it will be beneficial. I need to try this! I have such brittle nails.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such a great post! Your nails are always flawless!

    Jenan
    http://lavieenmauve-jj.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thank you for sharing! I love to see what other people use because everything isn't for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Brilliant post, Fife! You explained it all very well. I didn't actually know Essence had their own cuticle cream but I would love to try it. I'm a mixture of Lush 'Lemony flutter butter' and olive oil. Olive oil lately has seen my cuticles improve so much! xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. It's so interesting to see other peoples nail care routines! Great post :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and I always try to respond to every one of them so don't hesitate to leave me a message :)
If you're new on my blog, I always come and check out yours. I am always following back my active followers

Skimlinks Test